Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Henderson/Edge Wedding

June 2012
I had the honor of performing a wedding ceremony at the Northshore Performing Arts Center, for Rob Henderson and Diana Edge. The ceremony immediately followed a Theatre production written and produced by Diana herself and it may very well be, the most unique wedding I will ever be involved in!  The production was a "story" about the bride and groom during their high school years at Bothell High, acted out by past and present drama students of Diana Edge. The story followed Rob & Diana's separate lives up to the present day, when they walked out onto the stage dressed for a wedding, to the song, "Marry Me."  I ended up on a podium that was set up in front of the stage, below the bride and groom, so as not to take the spotlight off of them.  The first part of the ceremony, I faced the audience of about 300 guests for the greeting and address, then turned to conduct the ceremony with the bride and groom, my back to the audience.  It was completely different than the usual Alter set up, but  it was proof positive that I'll do just about anything to accommodate my wedding couples.  And I loved it! Not only was it an amazing love story, but the production in and of itself was incredible. 

From Mr. & Mrs. Henderson: "Thank you for a fabulous ceremony.  This is your gift and we were blessed to have such a giving, talented soul marry us.  Thank you! :) "







No comments:

Post a Comment